Hearing Aids near Studio City, CA
The Right Place for Hearing Aid Satisfaction
It’s a fact that hearing aids can help most adults with hearing loss to understand and communicate more effectively. It is also a fact that choosing the right hearing aid can be overwhelming…even difficult. However, you can reduce the stress often associated with shopping for a hearing aid by partnering with an Audiologist you trust and who understands your unique needs. With accurate testing, professional guidance, and consistent follow-up care, your satisfaction with your investment in hearing aids will be greatly improved. Hearing Loss Solutions offers hearing aids near Studio City, CA, that will provide you with 100% satisfied.
Introducing Lyric Extended Wear Hearing Aids
If you are searching for a discreet hearing solution, then we have just what you need! Our state-of-the-art hearing aids are not only virtually invisible but have also been proven to boost hearing clarity and improve cognitive function.
Lyric hearing aids offer many benefits, including…
- Custom-fitted to sit comfortably deep in the ear canal without surgery or anesthesia
- Can be worn 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for months at a time
- Can be worn during regular daily activities like showering and sleeping
- Provides natural sound quality
- No interference with glasses or telephones
Find Out if Lyric Hearing Aids Are Right for You
Let us show you how discreet today’s hearing technology can truly be with our custom-fitted, virtually invisible hearing aid. In fact, no one but you will even know you are wearing one!
Hearing Aid Tips
- Have realistic expectations: Hearing aids work very well when they are fitted and adjusted appropriately, but it is important to understand that they do not provide “perfect” hearing or restore your hearing to normal. Instead, hearing aids provide you with additional information to help you hear and understand more effectively. You should expect that your hearing aids are comfortable to wear, both in the way they feel and in the way you hear sounds. If there is any discomfort at all you should seek counsel from our Audiologist immediately.
- Commit to wearing your hearing aids every day: It takes time to adjust to wearing hearing aids and the amount of time required varies from person to person. You may need just a few days to a few weeks or as long as a few months to feel comfortable wearing hearing aids. In general, the greater the hearing loss and the longer the amount of time the hearing loss has been present, the more difficult the transition to using hearing aids. There is no perfect way to learn how to adjust to hearing aids, but Audiologists are uniquely trained to help you achieve a smooth transition.
- Understand the truth about background noise: Virtually everyone, hearing aid users and non-hearing aid users, complain about background noise at one time or another. There is no way for a hearing aid to eliminate the sounds that the wearer does not want to hear. The good news is that there are now hearing aid circuits and features available that help to minimize some unwanted sounds. For example, research reveals that dual microphones effectively reduce background noise for many people with certain types of hearing loss. Our Audiologist can help you determine the best circuits and microphone options for your hearing loss and communication needs.
- Two hearing aids are better than one if you have hearing loss in both ears. Wearing hearing aids bilaterally (one in each ear) will improve your ability to:
- Hear in noisy settings
- Allow you to localize sounds in your environment
- Improve your ability to understand speech, especially in the presence of background noise
- Hear soft sounds at lower levels
“I had already researched Dr Cohen’s practice online and since it is nearby where I live, I decided to pop in on the off chance that I could get some help.
I’m from the UK and I’m currently wearing an older Oticon hearing model. I needed some accessories, but I was also concerned that one of the domes had dislodged in my ear! Dr Cohen and her staff, namely Jessica and Flora were immediately concerned and asked if I wouldn’t mind waiting and that they would squeeze me in quickly.
I certainly didn’t mind waiting in the beautiful surroundings! The rooms were gorgeous!
I then met Dr Cohen who checked my ears and alleviated all my concerns! Dr then went to great lengths to source my accessories which were not readily available given that my hearing aid is pretty old! I was absolutely overwhelmed with her kindness!
No words cannot express how grateful I am! Both Dr Cohen and her staff made me feel like I was a princess! I felt that I was the only person in the world and I didn’t feel rushed despite the fact that it was clear that there were people before and after me waiting to be seen!
I cannot recommend Dr Cohen’s practice enough and this will be my first and last stop for any hearing and also vertigo issues!
Thank you to you all!”
– Jean D.
Buying Hearing Aids
Step #1: The Hearing Aid Evaluation
Your journey to better hearing begins with an accurate audiological evaluation or hearing test. The results of this test, combined with your lifestyle, budget considerations, and personal preferences must be weighed equally when determining the hearing aid that will be of most benefit to you.
At the time of the hearing evaluation, a case history will be taken to determine how you and your family perceive your hearing problem. Questions will also be asked about the onset of the hearing loss, the presence of tinnitus (ringing in the ears), and dizziness. Based on the results of the hearing test and the answers to these questions, our Audiologist may make a referral to a medical doctor for an examination and possible treatment. If the testing reveals a sensorineural hearing loss, a hearing aid may be recommended for one or both ears.
Step #2: Choosing the Hearing Aid that Is Right for You
There are literally thousands of hearing aids from which to choose. Our Audiologist will use the information that you provided in your case history and the results of your audiological evaluation to help narrow those choices for you, but the final decision on which hearing aid to purchase is yours.
The main types of hearing aids available today are conventional (analog) and digital.
- Conventional analog hearing aids are basically amplifiers that feature manual volume controls and manual fine-tuning. Primarily beneficial for listening in easy, relatively quiet situations, such as in one-on-one conversations and while listening to the television, this technology provides limited flexibility in meeting individual needs.
- Digital Hearing Aid Technology accounts for most of the hearing aids sold today. In fact, the basic digital hearing aid costs about the same as a conventional analog hearing aid. The digital hearing aid contains a computer chip that amplifies sounds digitally. The quality of the sound produced by the computer chip is excellent.
Digital hearing aids are flexible and can be re-programmed by our Audiologist by using a computer equipped with special software and hardware. These technologically advanced hearing aids can respond to soft sounds in one way and to loud sounds in a completely different fashion. Some digital hearing aids even have the capability to reduce some environmental noises such as motors running or dishes clanging.
Step #3: The Hearing Aid Fitting
During the hearing aid fitting, the device is programmed to meet your specific needs. You will be provided with instructions on how to insert and remove the hearing aid, how to change the batteries, and how to care for and clean the device. This is also the time that our Audiologist will reiterate the function of the hearing aid as it relates to your lifestyle.
Step #4: Ensuring Your Satisfaction with your Hearing Aids
Hearing aid studies have shown that people who have a positive attitude adjust to hearing with hearing aids more readily. It also helps to:
- Identify communication settings that are difficult for you. Describe those situations to our Audiologist so she can help you develop strategies to manage your difficult listening situations.
- Be patient. Hearing loss typically develops over many years. Becoming reacquainted with sounds you haven’t heard for a while will take practice and time. It is important not to become disillusioned or frustrated while your brain adjusts to the sounds provided by your hearing aids.
45-Day Trial Period
At Hearing Loss Solutions, all our hearing aids come with a 45-day trial period. Should you experience any issues with your hearing aids during that time frame, simply let us know and we will do what it takes to make it right. That’s our promise to you!
Advanced Hearing Aid Repairs
Even the highest quality hearing devices can require adjustments and repairs from time to time. We are proud to offer cleanings and hearing aid repairs to all our patients.
As part of our commitment to offering high-quality hearing care, when you bring your hearing aids into our hearing centers, we will test them for proper functioning and make any necessary repairs right here in our office. Should your hearing aids require repairs we can’t handle in-house, we will send them out for servicing and will provide you with loaner hearing aids to wear in the meantime.
At Hearing Loss Solutions, we are here for you!
Schedule Your Appointment for Hearing Aids near Studio City, CA, Today!
To schedule your Hearing Loss Solutions Consultation, call our friendly office at 818-989-9001 or click here to use our convenient online form. Your appointment includes a review of your medical history, a discussion of your concerns and goals, and an explanation of our process.
During your new patient appointment, we will make sure all of your questions are thoroughly answered about our office, our treatments, our flexible payment options, and anything else that you would like to know about us. Call today – we can’t wait to help restore sound to your world!
As one of the premier hearing centers in Sherman Oaks, CA, our Audiologist and team at Hearing Loss Solutions also provide 5-star-rated hearing care to patients from Encino, Beverly Hills, Studio City & Calabasas, CA, and surrounding areas.